Monday, October 7, 2013

Blue or Pink, What do YOU Think?

Hello Friends.  Welcome to the (virtual) party.
This is the card I made hacked to send to family, but then I didn't get stamps and get them in the mail in time....sooo maybe you can enjoy it instead.




Welcome to our house.  We tried to decorate for fall, but the ideas in my head don't always translate well.  I made this wreath a few years ago.




So, do you have any guesses?  Now's your chance (final tally was 8 for boy and 2 for girl).  I find it amusing when people say they can tell because (fill in the blank).  Anyway, come on in, and check out the living room.  

I am making slow progress on decorating.  I sit down to make a pillow case, look at all my material, fuss with it a bit, and put it all away.  Zero inspiration.  2 pillows made and we've been here since August.

The newest (pillow) edition.  Dare Mighty Things is a quote by Theodore Roosevelt.

O colored the pumpkins when she was 2 1/2.  The candy was meant to be decor, instead every time I walk down the hallway I sneak a few.  Bad Idea.
We have fall colored leaves all over the house.  No pretty red leaves outside yet, but inside it is bright and cheerful.  The wood sign was made by O when she was 3 1/2.  I need to pick up another craft for her to color this year.  (And yes, that is Handy Manny on the TV.  The official party starts in an hour.  The house is clean.  I want it to stay that way.)

Our map is a new edition.  We added post its to show where some of our friends are.
I know, I know.  You aren't here for a house tour.  You want to know what we are having.  

To the kitchen.



A few quick pictures of all the hard work I have been up to.

 And then there is our bird.  Mango.  Have you met him before?  Loud, little bird.
We are not friends.  Yes, the photos are a bit blurry...because the bird is charging at me.  See that toy in the background?  I bought it for him.  I feed him and give him water.  I even taught him the hokey pokey a few years ago, and how to play peek-a-boo.  Still, he hates me, and loves F.  He bites me, and nuzzles up with F.  How does that make sense?!

Want to play a game?
Any guesses for when baby will get here?
My due date is Feb 15, 2014.

What about baby's size?
O was 7 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long.

If you post your guess in the comments, and you are the closest, I have a special homemade gift for the lucky winner :)  

Also, while I have your attention....name suggestions?  I love hearing what names people like.  It is fascinating.

And Now for the long awaited moment.
Grab a cupcake. 
Take a bite.
Pink is girl.
Blue is boy.




















Baby Boy!

We are thrilled.

This little guy seems to be more laid back than his sister (not hard to do).  At the ultrasound, he sat perfectly still with one arm above his head, and hardly any wiggles.  That is a far cry from our little O, who was practically dodging the technician and doing somersaults the whole time.  

Did you guess correctly?  





2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be the winner because there are no other comments--yay! :)

    My guess is Valentine's Day :)

    And name suggestions....Jack, Luke, Owen (of course, I'm also partial to William, Benjamin and Alexander)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, it looks like you just may win by default :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!