Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good Night

...I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.


I feel like a broken record...
One last hoorah before we go.  Back to 
Kuba Kuba for just one more iced coffee.
Seriously, no other coffee compares, and 
I am a little sad that this is the last one,
however I am also glad that I don't live near by
forever because at $4 a glass it is pricey.


Say Cheese :)
Can you see all the barrettes in O's hair?
She did her hair herself.

Yummy turkey press, and fried plantains.
I am still not sold on the fried plantains,
but F seemed to like them.

We aren't the only ones who love Kuba Kuba.
It's busy.


Back at the hotel, O took one last ride on her bike.
She is training for her first triathlon.  It is in
less than a week.  She is certain she will win.  I am sure 
she has the stamina, just not so sure about the focus.  I 
see her playing in the pool or getting distracted by a 
butterfly (which she did on this particular day).
Oh, yes, she also has become very, very cautious
on her bike since she fell, so this should be
interesting.

Ok, now time to get serious.  I told myself I would
wait until 2 days before we leave to start packing
because that should give us plenty of time, and F
should be able to help.  Well, 4 days before we leave
I panic, and start packing.  F's schedule is still up
in the air, and I don't have confidence that he will
get enough time off to help, so I began early.  

As I packed, I panicked.  How much stuff did we buy?
This is not going to fit.  Maybe it's just the way I am
putting it in the van?  Hmm...time for some help.
Insert Tetris Master.
Ta-Da.
He did it.
Not sure how.  Not sure I want to know.
As long as it's all there I don't care.


The van is packed (36 hours before we leave, cause
that's how I roll.  I'm a planner, and I 
hate procrastinating, what can I say?).

The only items left in the hotel are our toiletries
2 outfits and 2 laptops.  
No toys.  
No books.  
Nothing.

So what do we do while we wait?
Well, for one, teach the 5 year old how to 
play solitaire on the computer.  We have
minimal things for her to do coming home. 
This is a far cry from what I did back in 
March, when I had my bag full of goodies and 
enough snacks to last a week.  As my husband
loves to say I am either not in at all, or in
a hundred and crazy percent.  

This will be an interesting drive.  
Prayers are appreciated :)










1 comment:

  1. We'll see you at the triathlon! She'll do great. It is so much fun and there are so many kids. And the parks dept. is super organized and does a Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!