Monday, July 15, 2013

Edgar Allen Poe and Lincoln

I know at some point F and I decided that we were not going to do anything this weekend.  We were going to relax and maybe watch a movie and just sit.

Well, that lasted all of about 5 minutes. The weekend barely began and we were doing things.  F is still trying to squeeze in As. Much. As. Possible.

Some of our friends had mentioned going to a cafe that Edgar Allen Poe frequented.  We thought it sounded interesting, and had intended on going just about every weekend for the last two months and yet we still never got around to it.  We finally did this weekend, and I am glad we visited.

O had some yummy hot cocoa with lots of whip cream and syrup on top.  F and I shared a french press coffee.  The drinks were yummy, but the atmosphere of this place was fantastic.



I loved the charming little vases and placemats.

The waitress was friendly and talkative.
She told us that a potion of the movie Lincoln 
was filmed in the town.  So, we walked down
the street the movie was filmed on.


The current owners have only been there 2 1/2 years, 
but they have quite the collection of interesting items in the cafe.

Lots of books to read, and photos of authors all over the walls.
In fact, there is a game.  If you can name all the authors you can get
your meal free.  No one has done it yet. 






I really liked the feel of the place.  Lots of
unusual items to see, but not so many things
that my brain turns off and just sees junk.  :)


In fact, quite a few places in area were cute.

I am not exactly sure why, but I loved this 
little house.  I think it was all the flowers.


It just looks so happy and summery.

There were also some weird things in the town.
Like an I beam being supported by an old ivy covered tree.

Then of course we came across a 'grinder' along with a
parking lot filled with other equally old, and equally odd
pieces of machinery.  

2 comments:

  1. oooo! I want to play the author game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I am sure you would do better than me. I looked at them all, and got Poe and Hemingway. I feel like I know my books, but alas I do not :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!