Friday, August 9, 2013

This Week...


We had a shopping excursion this past Saturday.  We shopped at IKEA (possibly our favorite store) 7 1/2 hours.  Yes, you read that right.  How can two people spend 7 1/2 hours in IKEA?  Well, as soon as we got there, we ate in the restaurant inside, then we perused the showroom not once but twice.  Then there was all those people.  Wow, IKEA on Saturday is not for the claustrophobic.  We finally made it down to the marketplace and area where you collect your things, only to decide we needed to eat again (it had been 5 hours at this point).  


We found all kinds of fun things, and are excited to get them put together in our new place.  The best part about all of it?  We spent $11.  My parents have given us IKEA gift cards for Christmas the last few years, and we have been stockpiling them.  I love gift cards :) 

When we finally made it back to my parents' house I saw a stray kitten headed my way.  I am not a cat person (or pet person) per say, but it was a kitten and I do have some compassion.  I leaned down and he/she? came right over purring rubbing its head on my hand.  I called O over to take a look and we played with the cat a few minutes then went inside.  

The next morning the cat was on the front porch waiting on us.  Then my mom set out an old towel for it to sleep on.  The next day the cat made it into the backyard.  The next thing I know, my dad fed the cat.  Then it was a cooler evening, so my dad put the cat in the garage.  My dad also brought home all sorts of kitten supplies like food, formula, and something to clean ears with.  Yea, I think they have a cat now.  

O has named it 'whiskers' and calls it a teenager.  She also thinks the cat is saying 'mama' when it meows at her, so she is certain the cat thinks O is the mama.  The other day after we got back from running errands I heard her run up to the cat and say, 'here is your mama, little teenager.'

In other news, we finally made it in to our old library.  O was excited to play with the blocks.  She was rather disappointed that several were missing and more beat up than she remembered.  Nevertheless, a tower was in order.  

I also went paint shopping 2 times.  We decided to go super neutral with the wall colors.  I never used to be this boring.  When we first were married I painted our bedroom gold.  However, we have a lot of brightly colored accessories and we also have had all of our stuff in storage for so long I don't remember if our dishes are circles or those rounded squares.  It will be like Christmas morning going through boxes.  

I am excited for all of the moving and assembling and organizing about to ensue, and yet also very tired just thinking of all that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!