Monday, August 19, 2013

Settling In

Confessions:
I still walk in the wrong room about half of the time.  None of the bedrooms are where I think they should be.

One of our neighbors (behind us) has a tendency to leave unsavory (ie X rated) TV shows on all night long, and since he doesn't believe in blinds or curtains we can see it in our spare bedroom.  As F and I were discussing solutions to this one morning in the front yard I started looking at the neighbor houses, and then looking at our house.  For the life of me, I could not figure out which house was the one with the TV on all night.  Huh, wrong side of the house there Amy.  I am continuously confused.

Another neighbor had grandchildren over one evening and they were playing in their backyard which is plainly visible from O's room.  Instead of O going to sleep she stayed up and watched the children outside her window, for two hours.  I went to check on her when I was going to sleep, and discovered she popped the screen out of her window so she would have a better view.  *sigh*  New house, new boundaries to teach.

I am still not used to all the sounds that come with the house.  Not just thinking the air conditioning is on, when I hear the refrigerator, but rather I hear thumping noises and keep going to see if I have visitors.  I still haven't figured out what I am hearing.

Beautiful flowers hang on our front porch, and it is apparent the people before us enjoyed landscaping/flowers.  I am struggling to keep all those pretty flowers alive and am failing.  Too much water?  Not enough?  Those flowers are so stinking picky.  Thank goodness we are 2/3 of the way done with August and they are going to die soon anyway, right?  I have a black thumb.  I can kill cacti.  These flowers just don't stand a chance.

Yesterday I was so sick and tired of spending from the moments I woke up to the moments before I went to bed unpacking I decided to take a 1/2 day break.  O and I went to the playground, we read books, and did nothing in particular to make the house look more like home.  It was splendid.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!