Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And so it begins...

I am going to switch this blog up a bit.  To change with the times and the season of life I am going to *try* to keep this blog more of an update of what O and I are doing.  When daddy has a chance to go online, he can read some silly and fun stories and see how we are doing on our attempt to learn letters and begin reading before daddy gets back.

F left this morning at 6:30.  The day is dragging by.  We have our necessities at my parents so we can spend the night here, and we came out here after we said goodbye.
Other than F actually driving away (well the recruiter was driving but anyway) the two hardest parts of the day were when O saw his vehicle in the driveway and said, "Daddy is going to need his car to drive to work." Then I had to explain what was happening to her again.  The second was when she told me she needed to hear her daddy's voice on the book he recorded for her.

We made a big paper chain with 65 chain links to represent each day F will be gone (this is just for basic, not OCS or BOLC).  At the end of every day O can take one off.  Tonight she tried to persuade me to take off two so he would get home faster.  Then she told me in the morning she is going to talk to daddy.  Ahh sweet child, I wish it were so.

To add to the stress of F leaving today, and explaining a dozen times my phone just turned off and I can not get it back on.  I am not sure if it just didn't get charged properly or what.  I am certain it is me, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Off to town tomorrow to get it looked at.

On a much happier note, we began a new book called,
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons .  The name pretty much says it all.   O loved the first lesson.  I really like the way the book teaches letters, reading, and writing at the same time.  I also love that we call the letters by their sounds, not their names, which is so very Montessori.

O also discovered all of my 20+ year old dance outfits.  She absolutely loved playing dress up.  I can remember HATING wearing those outfits, because they were so itchy and uncomfortable.  She couldn't care less about the comfort.  It was all about being fancy.  

I can not tell you how happy I am that day 1 is over.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!