Sunday, January 19, 2014

Laundry Detergent

The very first step we took when we were making the switch to more natural cleaning products, and watching what we were putting on/in our bodies was Laundry Detergent.  It was super easy, and I loved it.  I have told countless people the simple recipe...
You can imagine my dismay when I realized the detergent isn't so great for you.

I read this article, and immediately freaked out.  Ugh, great.  Borax may be linked to reproductive issues.  It's also not so great on your septic tank (if you have one).  Great....


Here is my newest find for making my own detergent.  I have made it, but I have not tested it out for very long so I don't know how well it will wash.

I am also on the search for a better detergent alternative for washing diapers.  Apparently homemade detergents cause the yucky build up that needs stripped off?  Who knew?  Not me.

So, with that I say,

"When you know better, you do better."  (Maya Angelou).
I am not going to dwell on it.  Just time to change and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!