Monday, December 2, 2013

Breakfast Cookies

This has been my go-to quick breakfast for the last month or so.  I love it.  It takes 5 minutes to mix the ingredients together, and then 15 to bake.  Lately, my husband has been wanting to wake up 20 minutes before he has to leave for work, take a 10 minute shower, and then run out the door.  Although it drives me crazy, I can usually tell he is going to do this, and get started on the cookies, to hand to him as he walks out the door.
So, without further ado, here it is.

Ingredients:
2 bananas (doesn't matter if they are ripe)
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons peanut butter

The original recipe didn't call for peanut butter, but I throw it in, because a)  I loathe the taste of bananas.  I will eat them, but I am gagging a little each time I taste them/smell them. b)  I need extra calories anywhere I can find them.  You don't have to add the PB if you don't want.



Step 1:  Mash the bananas up, and mix in the oatmeal, pb, and half the chocolate chips.
Step 2:  Scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet, and place the remaining chocolate chips on top.  (Dividing the chips is probably unnecessary, but I find that they get more evenly distributed, and my daughter tends to go for the cookie with the most visible chips.)


Step 3:  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Step 4:  Enjoy :)

Seriously, easy peasy, right?

I love easy things like this.  

Have you tried anything like this before?  What is your go-to breakfast?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!