Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Mail Binder

I have found so many great ideas online for how to set up a desk area for children to have a mail center.  Playful Learning has some great ideas, but they all take up quite a bit of space.  This mama does not have that much room in her house to devote to a writing center.  So alas, I came up with my own mini-version.

A 3-ring binder.  
We send a lot of mail to daddy.  When he was at basic, we sent mail every day.  This binder has everything we need to send a letter to him.  I have several different pocket/sleeve protectors, so we use baseball sized ones for addresses, and larger pockets for some blank cards, and I also have a pouch for her stamp and a few markers/pens.  She also has full access to other pens/markers/crayons if she so desires. 


The front of the binder has various stickers (I separate the letters from just generic stickers).  The back is where all the paper is.  I try to keep a variety of lined (college rule, and learning to write lined/dotted paper, as well as fancy paper/stationary and colored paper).


The binder is kept on a low shelf easily accessible to O, so she can use it anytime she pleases, but it can also be tucked away when it is time to work on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!