Monday, March 5, 2012

Coconut Milk Shampoo

For quite some time, I have gone the "no-poo" route for washing my hair. It took a while to get used to it, then I liked it. The whole no sudsing thing is hard to get over, and took a while for me to feel clean, but baking soda/vinegar seemed to get my hair clean. Honestly I stuck with this method for a while because frankly I couldn't find a better alternative. Other shampoos I tried made my hair feel greasy.

Now, I am not sure if my current baking soda/vinegar combo is causing the problem or if it's the weather, but my hair has been frizzy and out of control for a while. I came across a new homemade shampoo on Pinterest, and decided to give it a go.

1/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup castile soap (I used Dr. Bronner's Mint)
1 tsp Vit E (I used about 5 capsules I opened and squeezed in)
Essential oil (optional, but I used Eucalyptus.)

Throw all the ingredients in a clear plastic squeeze bottle (think picnic ketchup bottle) and shake. The nice thing about this soap is it suds a little, unlike baking soda/vinegar which more or less just makes you feel like your in a 5th grade science fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!